On May 16,1956 at a business meeting at First Baptist Church they
voted to purchase property on which to start a mission. This was
under our Pastor Carl Allen. After he left, Grant Jones became Pastor
and appointed a Mission Committee which purchased the land on East Commerce
where we are still located today. Our first Sunday at East Commerce was on
January 4, 1959, as a mission and became a Church on September 27, 1959.